You may be conscious of your smile, and the reason may not be far-fetched because the smile one feature that is immediately noticed on the face. Because of this, having crooked, damaged or stained teeth can have an effect on the way you relate with other people. If your smile is damaged, it may also affect your eating and speaking abilities and can go a long way in affecting your confidence. You can however, redeem yourself by getting a cosmetic dentist who in turn would work wonders for you. There are different types of dentists but only a cosmetic dentist can help you fix teeth. Before we go into details, let’s answer the pertinent questions so you can know exactly what a cosmetic dental treatment can do for you.
Treatments For Dental Decay
There are number of treatmens for tooth decay some are highlighted below.
- Dental fillings, use of inlays, bonding and crowns are some of the different methods that your cosmetic dentist can use to restore your teeth if they are decayed or damaged teeth.
- Crowns – In a case of extensive decay or weakened teeth, a crown which is a custom-fitted covering that can serve as a natural replacement for your damaged tooth. Crowns are made with different materials which may include, resin, gold, porcelain fused to metal and high strength porcelain.
- Root canals. If the decay becomes as so severe as that it reaches the inner material of your tooth (pulp), then only a root canal therapy may help you out. A root canal treatment will be of immense benefit to you of you do not which for your tooth to be removed even though it may have been badly damaged. The defective pulp is taken out with medication being inserted into the root canal take out all forms of infection.
- Tooth extractions – If however your teeth gets to the point where it can’t be restored, then it may need to be removed. A bridge or dental implant can be of help in covering the gap that may be caused by tooth removal.
For Self-care which is mainly beneficial in prevention, we have the use of –
- Fluoride – A mineral which helps in the prevention of tooth decay by strengthening the tooth enamel.
- Oral hygiene – This entails keeping the mouth in a hygienic condition by brushing, flossing and using your mouthwash on a regular basis.
FAQs About Cosmetic Dental Treatment
Can A Cosmetic Dentist Fixed A Crooked Teeth?
A cosmetic dentist can surely restore the functional and structural purposes of the tooth and fix teeth in order to enhance your smile, hence, if you have crooked teeth and you’re wondering if you’d be able get them straightened out, then know that yes it possible.
What Kind Of Treatment Can Your Cosmetic Dentists Do For You?
Cosmetic dentistry has on offer a variety of advanced techniques that will prove most helpful for you the patient. Dental pictures may be taken of your teeth to ascertain treatment progression in certain cases. Below are just a few of the ways in which your cosmetic dentist can transform your smile to give you a lift:
- Replace missing teeth
- Reshape your teeth
- Restore damaged teeth
What Are Some Common Procedures At A Cosmetic Dentist Office?
If you are not really conversant with cosmetic dentistry, then check below to see some of the dental procedures that may help in improving your smile.
- Teeth whitening alternatively referred to as teeth bleaching is one of the most common cosmetic dental procedures
- Dental Veneers
- Dental Implants
- Inlays and Onlays
- Composite Bonding
What Is Dental Bonding In Cosmetic Dental Work?
Composite bonding is used to fix teeth that are discolored, decayed or that have suffered damage to some degree by drilling holes in the tooth in order to take out the decay and then filling this hole with a special type of bonding material bearing resemblance to your natural tooth enamel color.
How Well Does Teeth Whitening Done By A Dentist Work?
According to research, when you go for a cosmetic dental treatment to whiten your teeth, you have a safer method for teeth whitening. Another thing is that, it usually more effective than employing do-it-yourself measures.
What Can A Cosmetic Dentist Do?
Cosmetic dentists or aesthetic dentists, will work to ensure that there is a major improvement in the appearance of your teeth. Cosmetic or restorative dentistry, can play a major role to boost your overall well-being as your smile can make a whole lot of difference.
What Consists Of Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry as a term refers to the field of dentistry which sets out to improve the appearance (but not necessarily the functionality) of the teeth, gums and/or bite. Its primary focus is on improvement in dental aesthetics talking of color, position, alignment shape, size, and the overall appearance of the smile.
What is the cost of dental cosmetic surgery?
The costs of cosmetic dental surgery actually varies widely as it is dependent of different factors, but then you will find the following as approximate costs. An example is given in the case of going for a professional in-office teeth whitening procedure. This can cost anywhere from $450-$650. For over the counter whiteners however, costs range from $4-$100.
What Should A Detailed Orthodontic Treatment Plan Include?
You should know that your cosmetic dentist will always have a treatment plan for you. The treatment plan you’d be using will be designed to take of your specific issue as was covered during diagnosis. Other things contained in the plan include the length of treatment and also precautions to watch out for. If there are any alternative treatment methods, they are discussed as well tougher with the need for you as the patient to cooperate with your dentist.
All the advantages as well as disadvantages of the different options will be discussed with you so you are well informed on the choices you will eventually have to settle for.
Lastly, a contract which shows all the payment information as it relates to your treatment will be given to you at the conclusion of your consultation. You will carry out discussions related to your fees and payment options after which you will sign an agreement upon settling for a choice.
Looking for where you can get topnotch cosmetic dentistry near me? Edge Dental Houston can offer you all these services.