Affordable Dentures And Implants
When faced with tooth loss, your whole life is affected. No matter if you lose teeth due to gum disease, facial trauma, or another issue, once simple things become incredibly difficult. Eating and speaking become more challenging. The quality of your smile deteriorates, which can cause your confidence to fall significantly. Missing teeth need to be replaced as soon as possible to restore normal functions to your mouth as well as the quality of your smile. At Edge Dental, we offer our patients several tooth replacement options. We can help you get your smile and dental function back with affordable dentures and implants.
What are Dentures?
Dentures have been used for hundreds of years as a way to replace missing teeth. They are removable prosthesis that is still a common solution today. Dentures consist of a rubber or metal base, which rests directly on your gum tissue and which holds the replacement teeth. Dentures today are much more realistic in appearance. Long gone are the days of obviously fake teeth. The base, which is generally made of acrylic, is colored to match the color of your natural gum tissue. The teeth, which are also made from tooth-colored acrylic resin, are designed to look exactly like natural teeth.
Replacing a Full Arch of Missing Teeth
A full or complete denture is what most people picture when they think of dentures. This type of restoration is made to replace an entire arch of missing teeth, whether it is the top arch, the lower arch, or both.
Before starting the process of giving you dentures, we will remove any unhealthy teeth that are still sitting in the arch. After extraction, it usually takes about 21 days for complete healing to take place.
Next, we will make an impression on your jaws and the underlying bone. This impression is used to design and create your custom denture in a dental laboratory.
Once your prepared denture is received from the laboratory, we will make a trial insertion to assess the fit and esthetics. Any minor modifications, if required, can be done at the chairside.
Partial Dentures for Sections of Missing Teeth
If you are missing several consecutive teeth, but still have healthy teeth in the arch, we can provide you with a partial denture. This allows your healthy teeth to remain in your jaw. A partial denture can be made from polymer resins or metal alloys.
Much like a full denture, a partial denture is made from an impression of your mouth. It consists of an acrylic base with acrylic resin teeth. Partial dentures also have metal clasps, which are used to provide additional support by attaching to your healthy teeth.
Dental Implants; An Aesthetic and Modern Alternative to Traditional Dentures
While dentures are still a common restoration and their design has been greatly improved upon, they still have several disadvantages. Today, there is an alternative to traditional dentures that addresses these issues and more.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a modern-day solution for replacing missing teeth. They use small, cylindrical titanium posts which are inserted directly inside the jaw bone to support your ceramic dental restorations. This process, called osseointegration, stabilizes the posts within your jaw and allows it to completely surround the implant structure.
What is the Procedure for Getting Dental Implants?
The procedure for getting implants is usually completed in 2-3 sittings. First, we will perform an examination of your remaining teeth and evaluate the condition of your underlying jaw bone. In addition to an examination, we will also look at your study models and x-ray images to prepare a detailed treatment plan.
In the next appointment, we will make an incision over the gums where the implant needs to be inserted. After exposing the underlying bone, we will drill a hole and carefully screw the implant into its position.
After about 6 months, when the surgical site has completely healed, a suitable prosthesis like a crown, bridge or a denture will be attached to the implant. Your brand-new smile is ready!
What are Dental Implants Used for?
Dental implants are an ideal solution for the following problems:
- Replacement of a Single Tooth – for replacing a single tooth, we will attach a porcelain crown over the implant so that it restores dental function and aesthetics.
- Replacing Multiple Teeth – for replacing multiple teeth, we will use an implant-supported denture or a fixed bridge. The type of prosthesis required for replacing your missing teeth will be decided by you in consultation with our dentists. Alternatively, we can use ball attachments on the dentures which further enhance the retention and stability of the prosthesis.
- Replacing a Complete Dental Arch – for patients who have lost all teeth in a jaw, we will give you an implant-supported complete overdenture. These overdentures possess excellent durability and stability.
- Complete Smile Makeover – dental implants are also used in for replacing missing teeth and designing your smile in a complete smile makeover.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Natural Appearance – dental implants allow for the attachment of life-like and naturally appearing prostheses, giving you a beautiful and charming smile.
- Durability – Dental implants are extremely durable. With proper care, you can expect them to last for a lifetime.
- Stability – Dental implants are completely stable. They will not shift around in your mouth or fall out. Therefore, you won’t have any problems during speech or while eating.
- Convenience – You also do not need to remove them while eating or for cleaning purposes. Implant-supported prostheses are also much more comfortable than other tooth replacement options.
- Efficiency – Dental implants are directly embedded inside the jaw bone. Dental implants allow you to eat your favorite foods without any difficulty or inconvenience.
- Bone Conservation – A common problem associated with conventional removable dentures is that they exert pressure over the underlying bone, and lead to accelerated degradation of the bone tissue. This is not the case with dental implants. In fact, they promote bone formation and help to stop and prevent the bone loss that follows tooth loss, thereby preserving the strength of the jaw bones.
How Much Do Implant Supported Dentures Cost?
Implant supported dentures cost depends on several factors, including the location of missing teeth, the number of missing teeth if the patient needs a procedure to buildup a bone before the bone installation, and more. Sometimes your dental insurance cover implant dentures cost. Additionally, you can open an HSA (health saving account) to save money for the procedure. However, the cost of denture implants may lie between $1,500 and $4,000. The denture implant cost may vary depending on the patient’s circumstances and condition. You can research affordable dentures and implants prices online and get the treatment.
If you are missing teeth, it is essential that you have them replaced as soon as possible. For more information and to discuss your tooth replacement options with our emergency dentists, call Edge Dental at (281) 940-8940 today and book an appointment.