Full mouth rehabilitation, also called full mouth reconstruction or full mouth restoration, refers to the process of completely rebuilding or restoring all the teeth in the mouth – hence the name full mouth rehabilitation.
Basically, this process involves restorative dentistry and periodontal treatment and requires the services of periodontists and specialist dentists.
At Edge Dental Houston, our specialist dentists are well-experienced and highly-trained in full mouth restoration. They have completed a number of full mouth restorations in the past. We aim to restore your full teeth to its natural state before they all broken down completely.
What is a Dental Implant?
Full mouth reconstruction at Edge Dental Houston involves the following dental treatments:
- Dental bonding: this dental treatment corrects a wide gap between the teeth; misshaped or malformed teeth; stains, chips, or discoloured tooth; dental decay, etc.
- Dental crown: this is similar to dental bonding treatment. It corrects tooth stain and discolouration, dental decay, dental gaps, misshaped or malformed teeth, chips, cracks, damages, and worn out onlays, inlays, or crowns. It also corrects malocclusion and replaces any missing tooth.
- Veneer: this is a treatment for coloured tooth, and restoration for gaps, stains, malformation, and chips.
- Dental bridge: this dental treatment replaces one or more missing teeth in a row. It also reduces your risk of having shifted teeth.
- Full or partial denture: this treatment is applicable in the case of a few or all missing teeth.
- Dental Implant: this dental treatment focuses mainly on the replacement of one, multiple, or all missing teeth. It also reduces the risk of shifting and bone degeneration in the jaw.
- Orthodontics: this is a treatment for correcting crooked teeth and malocclusion.
What is a Dental Implant?
Visit us at Edge Dental Houston for a full dental rehabilitation if you have:
- Lost one or multiple teeth as a result of dental injury, dental decay, or trauma.
- Fractured or injured teeth.
- Teeth that are severely worn out due to tooth grinding or long-term acid erosion.
- Adjustments to your bite (occlusion).
If you think you need a full dental reconstruction, don’t hesitate to contact any of our well-trained and experienced specialist dentists for a comprehensive dental examination. At Edge Dental Houston, our professional dentists will examine your dental condition to determine the extent of your dental issue and the necessary dental restoration options that can help you correct this issue. Our dentist will examine the condition of your:
- Teeth: to determine the appropriate restorative procedures that may be required. Our dentist will examine if there is any dental decay, cavity, root canal, cracks, tooth wear, short/long teeth, or any movement in your tooth. Also, the shape, size, colour, and proportion of your teeth in your mouth will be checked, as well as how they appear in relation to your lips, gums, mouth, face, and side profile.
- Gingival tissues: to determine if there is any trace of gingivitis or periodontal disease. Our dentist will look out for any bone density irregularity, gum disease, insufficient or excessive gum tissue, and deep pockets.
- Temporomandibular joints, occlusion, and jaw muscles.
Once all the necessary information has been gotten, our professional dentists – periodontist, orthodontist, oral surgeon, etc. – would spin into action to develop a complete mouth reconstruction treatment plan that suits your case.
To make an appointment, call (281) 940-8940 or click here to schedule an appointment online.