It goes without saying that the first thing people notice about you is your smile! While a beautiful smile makes you look younger, friendlier and more attractive, cosmetic defects like teeth stains and gaps can ruin your personality and looks. In addition, as one ages, their smile loses its natural vibrance and attractiveness. So, how can you regain your good looks and smile? Thanks to cosmetic dentistry, it is now possible with a smile makeover.
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is a cosmetic dental procedure which goes beyond restoring your teeth, aims at removing cosmetic defects and restoring your natural smile. It comprises of a series of cosmetic dentistry procedures which make you look much younger and attractive. During consultation, you will tell us which aspects of your smile you don’t like, and our cosmetic dentists at Edge Dental will do their best to give you the smile you want.
How We Will Give you a Smile Makeover?
The extent of cosmetic treatment required for giving you a smile makeover will vary depending on the severity of your problem. First, we will make impressions of your teeth, and evaluate your photographs, study models and radiographic images. Keeping these in view, our cosmetic dentist will prepare a treatment plan which customized for your dental aesthetic needs, and discuss various treatment options with you which fit your treatment needs and budgetary constraints.
For a smile makeover, we focus on the following aspects of your smile and facial contours:
- Teeth Shape and Size – the size and shape of your teeth has a direct impact on the quality of your smile. If your teeth are excessively large, undersized or crooked, we will restore their optimal shape with cosmetic tooth recontouring. If your teeth are not properly aligned, invisalign aligner therapy will solve your problem.
- Gum Reshaping – too little exposure of your gums, or a gummy smile can have a negative effect on your looks. To fix that, we will surgically recontour the shape and size of your gums and fix the gum line. . If you’re not happy with your gum color, you can also benefit from gum bleaching by our cosmetic dentists.
- Balance and Fullness of your Lips – shrunken or thin lips can appear due to age changes, and are the worst enemies of a beautiful ,smile. The good news is that this cosmetic problem can be fixed with orthodontic treatment or maxillofacial surgery.
What are the Aspects of a Smile Makeover?
At Edge Dental, we will utilize the following cosmetic dental treatments to improve your smile:
- Teeth Whitening – one of the most common cosmetic dental problems is tea and coffee stains. At Edge Dental, we will remove your teeth stains through a professional teeth whitening procedures.
- Dental implants – dental implants are the most aesthetic option when it comes to replacing missing teeth and giving you a charming smile. Whether you need single tooth replacement, or you you’re looking at replacing all missing all your missing teeth, implant supported prostheses are not only durable, but they will also restore your smile and make you look youthful.
- Porcelain Veneers – if you have stained or crooked teeth, porcelain veneers are an excellent option. These are tooth colored shell which are attached to the front surface of your teeth to hide cosmetic defects.
- No-Prep Veneers – these are also known as Lumineers. They do not require any tooth preparation of anesthesia shots for their attachment. If you’re looking for a hollywood smile, then lumineers are the best option for you.
- Bonding – bonding involves the restoration of crooked or carious teeth by removing the damaged tooth structure and replacing it with a tooth colored filling material. At Edge Dental, we will use bonding to correct mild moderate cosmetic defects of teeth.
- Six Month Smiles – Six Month Smiles is an aesthetic method for fixing orthodontic problems without having to wear metal braces. We will attach invisible brackets on your front six, or the “social six” teeth with a tooth colored wire to bring them back into proper alignment. With this orthodontic system, you can get your smile back in just under six months.
Taking Care of your Smile
Getting a beautiful smile is easy; the hard part is to maintain for as long as possible. In addition, the results of the cosmetic procedures we will perform to restore your smile are temporary. Effects of professional teeth whitening will gradually fade away. Similarly, porcelain veneers and bonding will start getting stained, or may get chipped over time. The more you look after your smile and oral health, higher the chances of retaining it for a long time.
Here are some tips which can help you do that:
- Maintain Optimal Oral Hygiene – if you maintain good oral hygiene through regular brushing and flossing, you’re actually reducing the chances of getting teeth cavities around your cosmetic restorations like veneers or lumineers, which can ruin your looks. You can also use a mouthwash recommended by your dentist to improve your your gum health.
- Foods to Avoid – to preserve your smile, you should avoid drinks or foods which can stain your natural and artificial teeth. For example, red wine, grapefruit juice and foods with a strong color.
- Regular Dental Visits – after a smile makeover, we recommend that you visit us regularly for check ups, so that any underlying problems with your cosmetic restorations or natural teeth can be fixed before they can cause any permanent damage.
A smile makeover will at Edge Dental Houston will be a life-changing experience for you. Not only will you get a naturally beautiful smile, but you will feel and look much more confident. So, if you want to enjoy the smile of your dreams, then a smile makeover at Edge Dental will be the best option for you. Visit us today to discuss your options with Dr. Lai. We look forward to seeing you.