Do you hide your teeth when you smile? Not anymore! Now you can enjoy a hollywood smile at Edge Dental. Lumineers are basically the new and improved veneers! Also known as “prepless veneer” lumineers are ultra thin shells that are attached to your teeth and do not require any tooth reduction. In fact, lumineers are so thin that they get seamlessly attached to your teeth and give you a naturally beautiful and attractive smile.
Who Can Benefit from Lumineers?
You are ideal candidate for this cosmetic restoration at Edge Dental if you have optimal dental health, have no existing teeth cavities or gum problems, and don’t have a history of grinding your teeth or clenching. Lumineers can help you get rid of the following cosmetic dental problems:
- Complete Smile Makeover – if you are not happy with your smile, we can give you the smile of your dreams with lumineers.
- Crooked or Chipped Teeth – they are also ideal for the cosmetic correction of crooked or fractured teeth without the need for any tooth preparation.
- Permanent Teeth Stains – if you want to get rid of permanent teeth stains, then lumineers are the best option for you. They will get applied seamlessly to your teeth and mask the teeth stains.
- Excessive Teeth Gaps – for people who cannot afford orthodontic treatment with braces for the correction of teeth gaps, lumineers are an excellent cosmetic option for restoring your smile.
- Cosmetic Teeth Alignment – they can also be used for the cosmetic correction of mild cases of misalignment. For more advanced cases, you will have to get orthodontic treatment with braces or Invisalign aligners.
How are Lumineers Prepared?
You can get a beautiful smile with Lumineers in only two easy visits. Here’s how they are made:
- Clinical Examination – first, our dentists will perform a clinical examination to evaluate whether you are a suitable candidate for this cosmetic treatment.
- Impression Making – Our dentists will make an impression of your teeth which will be sent to an authorized laboratory for fabrication. Since the lumineers are feather thin, there is no need for tooth preparation.
- Enjoy your Beautiful Lumineers – in the next appointment, we will check the fit of the prosthesis and make sure that they do not interfere with the bite. Once you are happy with the fit and esthetics, we will attach them to your teeth. This is done by lightly etching the front surface of the tooth and then attaching them with an adhesive resin. Enjoy your brand new smile.
What are the Benefits of Lumineers?
You must be wondering why you should choose lumineers, or go for lumineer work? Then here are a few reasons for you:
- Naturally Beautiful Smile – lumineers are designed from highly translucent ceramic materials which simply blend with your neighboring teeth and give you a beautiful and charming smile.
- No Preparation Required – when it comes to lumineers, you can get them without any requirement for tooth reduction, and they will get attached seamlessly over your existing teeth.
- No Shots Required – the whole procedure for getting lumineers is completely painless. since no drilling is involved, you don’t need any anesthesia shots.
- Durability – lumineers are custom-made from highly durable ceramics which can effectively resist wear and remain resilient for a long time. In fact, with proper care, they have been shown to last up to 20 years. Additionally the durability and strength of lumineers is much greater than the conventional veneers.
- No Damage to the Natural Teeth – in case of traditional veneers, they require removal of significant thickness of the natural tooth structure to create room for their attachment. On other hand, lumineers can be directly applied to your natural teeth without any need for sacrificing the natural tooth structure. So, you don’t have to worry about teeth cavities.
- Reversible – if, in case, you are not happy with your them, we will simply remove them without affecting the natural teeth. So, no harm done!
Caring for your Lumineers
If you want your beautiful smile with lumineers to last for a long time, you need to take good care of them. Here’s how you can do that:
- Brushing and Flossing – when you undergo any type of cosmetic treatment, it becomes even more important to look after your teeth. Make sure you brush at least twice a day and floss at least once a day. It will also be a good idea to use a mouthwash recommended by your dentist.
- Visit your Dentist Regularly – the importance of visiting your dentist regularly can never be ignored. Because there are problems with your teeth which may not be visible to you but your dentist can detect them. If you’re having any underlying problems with any of your cosmetic restorations or natura teeth, our dentists will detect them in time and treat them before they can cause permanent damage.
- Avoid Foods which Stain your Teeth – although lumineers are much resistant against teeth stains than the veneers, you should still avoid foods which can stain them. For example, you should cut down on coffee, tea and tobacco. You should also note that unlike your natural teeth, teeth whitening does not work on cosmetic restorations. Therefore, once they get stained, you need to get them replaced.
- Avoid Foods Which Cause Staining – like veneers, you should avoid biting on hard foods like nuts, directly with your lumineered teeth. Also, you should not take sticky foods like caramel and chocolates, and they can dislodge the lumineers from the teeth.
How Much Lumineers Cost?
It may cost you around $900-1800 for restoring a tooth with lumineers. Also, insurance companies usually do not cover cosmetic elective procedures like veneers and lumineers. Therefore, you must check with your insurance company beforehand.
Hollywood smile is not simply reserved for the celebrities! At Edge Dental, we can help you get the smile you have always dreamed of. Visit us today for a consultation and let us take care of the rest. A beautiful and charming smile is just two steps away from you.