Edge Dental Houston, TX
Veneers are very thin pieces of durable tooth shaped porcelain or composite resins which cover the front surface of aesthetically important teeth. These that are custom-made (for shape and color) shells by an authorized professional dental laboratory. They are bonded onto the natural tooth surface to create a beautiful and attractive smile.
Reasons for Getting Veneers
Veneers can completely reshape your teeth and smile. They can often be alternatives to crowns and the ideal solution in treating many cosmetic dental conditions for the front teeth. You can benefit from them for the correction of following cosmetic problems:
● Teeth Stains – while most teeth stains can be easily removed with professional whitening procedures, some stains are permanent. In these cases, veneers prove to be an excellent option in masking these stains.
● Crooked or Chipped Teeth – broken and crooked teeth can usually be restored with tooth colored fillings. However, if you are looking for a more aesthetic and longer lasting option, then you should choose veneers.
● Misaligned Teeth – they can also serve as alternative to braces for the cosmetic restoration of mild cases of tooth misalignment.
● Excessive Teeth Gaps – teeth gaps not only affect your smile, but they can also create difficulties in eating and speech. Veneers can be used a less costly alternative to correct teeth gaps.
● Complete Smile Makeover – not satisfied with your smile? At Edge Dental, we can give you a brand-new smile with veneers.
What Does Veneers Involve?
Getting veneers is a simple and quick procedures. It usually requires two visits to complete the process. Here are the steps involved in the procedure:
● Clinical Examination – during your first visit, our cosmetic dentists will perform a detailed examination of your teeth and ascertain whether you are eligible candidate.
● Tooth Preparation – next, our dentist remove a very small amount of your tooth enamel to create space for the attachment of veneers without affecting your bite. The natural teeth are prepared by lightly buffing and shaping the front surface.
● Impression Making – our dentists will then make an impression of your prepared teeth. These impressions will then be sent to the laboratory, which will take about 2 weeks to fabricate them. During this stage, a shade (color) will also be chosen by you and Dr. Justin Lai.
● Temporary Veneers – while they are being fabricated at the laboratory, Dr. Lai will give you temporary veneers to restore your smile and facial esthetics.
● Try-in – during your next visit, Dr. Lai will first try the them on the prepared teeth to check the shade and fit. Any modifications at stage, if required, will be carried out at the dental chairside.
● Bonding – Once you and Dr. Lai are happy with the veneers, the prepared teeth will be cleansed with special liquids to achieve a durable bond. Bonding cement is then placed between each tooth and prosthesis and a special light is used to harden and the veneer will be bonded to the tooth.
What are Different Types of Veneers?
Veneers generally cost between $1000-2000. Depending upon the materials designed to cover your teeth, they are of two different types:
● Composite Resin Veneer – these are designed from similar materials which are used for directly restoring teeth. They can either be prepared directly at the chairside, or they can be sent to the dental laboratory for fabrication. Composite veneers for a single tooth can cost anywhere between $250 to 1500 per tooth, depending upon the quality of the material used.
● Porcelain Veneers – these veneers possess the natural translucency and beauty of porcelains. They are more durable and longer lasting than the composite resin veneers. Restoring a single tooth with a porcelain veneer may cost you around $900-2500.
What are the Benefits of Veneers?
If you’re still unsure why they are best for you, then you should consider the following benefits:
● Improved Smile – everybody wants to have a beautiful and charming smile. With veneers, our dentists can help you achieve your dreams.
● Improved Self-confidence – when you look good, you feel good! A smile restored with veneers will not only make you look beautiful but also improve your self-esteem and productivity at work. with your brand new smile, you will never have to feel embarrassed about smiling in public.
Caring for your Veneers
After your visit you will receive care instructions for your veneers. However, with proper care, they can last longer. Here’s how should look after them for preserving your smile.
● Regular Brushing and Flossing – since they are attached to the teeth, there are chances of food impaction and developing of teeth cavities around the natural tooth if you do not look after your oral hygiene. It is imperative that you brush and floss regularly. You should also use a good mouthwash which has been recommended by Dr. Lai.
● Prevent Teeth Stains – you should avoid foods which can stain your teeth, like coffee, tea, tobacco and foods items which leave strong color. Once the cosmetic restorations get stained, they cannot be removed through professional whitening. Rather, the only option is to replace them.
● Regular Dental Visits – regular dental visits go a long way in ensuring optimal oral health. During each visit, we will examine your teeth carefully and any underlying problems will be diagnosed and treated before they can affect your teeth or cosmetic restorations.
Proper brushing, flossing and regular dental visits will aid in enhancing the life of your beautiful veneers.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
As with most dental restorations, veneers may someday need replacement; however, they are still very durable and will last many years, giving you a long-lasting, beautiful smile.
Dental Insurance Coverage
Like all other cosmetic restorative options, getting veneers is an elective procedure and it costs greater than the regular dental procedures. It is also not covered by most dental insurance companies. You should first consult your insurance provider before you choose this treatment option.
A perfect set of teeth and a beautiful smile await you at Edge Dental. Book an appointment with Dr. Lai today and let us take good care of your teeth and smile.