Do you have a missing tooth? Do you keep wondering “what is the best restorative dentistry near me?” if so, then you are reading the right post. Just as a restorer of paintings restores works of art, the restorative dentist is the one who rescues and restores teeth, which after all are the small works of art in our mouths. Within restorative dentistry, two factors come into play, on the one hand, is health and on the other dental aesthetics. In general, if you have an “ugly” tooth or a “gap” you go to a dental clinic because that situation is aesthetically wrong. And of course, you want to show off an impeccable smile. However, going to EdgeDental will make you see that not only is it a matter of aesthetics, but it is also very important to restore damaged teeth for health reasons.
Cosmetic And Restorative Dentistry
The term restorative dentistry refers to the set of treatments that are used to solve oral health problems and restore the functionality and aesthetics of the mouth. Most of these procedures are performed by general dentists without any specialization, although many of these treatments have to do with the function of the prosthetist: including fillings, veneers, crowns, bridges, total or partial dentures, and dental implants.
Types of Dental Restorations
- Direct restorations: They are the known fillings or reconstructions for which the dentist uses composite resins that are placed directly in the cavities caused by dental caries.
- Semi-direct restorations: Semi-direct restorations are used to repair larger areas. They are similar to the direct fillings that were mentioned, but in this case, the restoration can be extracted from the tooth and prepared outside. Once the filling has been prepared, it is cemented to the tooth.
- Indirect restorations: Indirect restorations are used when a very complex or large restoration is required. Basically, when there is not enough healthy anatomy remaining in the tooth to be able to carry out a conventional restoration or filling. The indirect allows replacing most of the anatomy or dental body.
Whole Mouth Dental Implants
It’s not always possible to keep your own teeth and sometimes it is necessary to use a dental implant, a bridge, or a denture to get your oral health back. The complete dental implants are used to recover all the teeth and although they used to be removable, now they can be fixed to several implants to improve their base. They can be used to recover one, several, or all teeth. Because it is performed during surgery where the implants are placed on the jaw, patients get new teeth that look and feel like their own.
A dental crown is a prosthesis similar to a hat that has the shape of a real tooth. A crown is placed on a tooth damaged by decay or a fracture to cover it and protect it by reconstituting its shape, aesthetics, its size, and strength. Once cemented, a dental crown completely covers the portion of the tooth that is on the gum. Ceramic is the main material that is used for crowns since it has the most aesthetic qualities. A crown thus resembles a real tooth, because of its shape and color.
FAQs About Restorative Dentistry Near Me
Where Can I Get the Best Teeth Whitening Services?
At EdgeDental you will find the best dental treatments on the market. Do you want to improve your smile? Are you thinking of whitening your teeth? Then, EdgeDental is the best dental clinic near you.
How I Kill Gum Disease?
If the gingivitis is not treated, it could evolve and progress to become periodontitis. Once gingivitis is diagnosed, the dentist’s mission is to reduce inflammation of the gums. For this, he will carry out a professional oral cleaning to eliminate tartar that will include:
- Ultrasounds to eliminate tartar.
- Prophylaxis paste to increase fluoride levels, improve cleaning and remove stains.
- Interproximal strips to improve hygiene in the interdental spaces.
The treatment can be complemented with antibacterial mouthwashes and mouthwashes with chlorhexidine for a week.
What Are Some Treatments For Tooth Decay?
When the teeth are decaying it’s necessary to go to a specialist in dental care so that they can indicate the necessary measures to take regarding the treatment to be performed.
- Fluoride-based treatment: It’s applied to the teeth in the form of varnish, foam, or gel.
- Filling treatment: Consists of the restoration by means of resin and composite porcelain, made of resin and plastic, which give a finish similar to a real tooth.
- Crown treatment: It’s a cover that is available in materials such as resin, gold, and porcelain.
- Duct treatment: It is required in cases where caries have reached the inside of the teeth.
- Extraction treatment: Unfortunately, when the tooth is very decayed, it must be extracted.
What Are Porcelain Veneers? What Are Their Pros and Cons?
Porcelain veneers are thin sheets made with the aforementioned material that is placed on the external face of the tooth and aim to improve its appearance.
- They solve problems of broken or twisted teeth quickly and easily.
- Maintains the color achieved for a longer period of time, especially in cases of having had teeth whitening.
- Nobody notices that you are wearing them
- They have a lot of resistance, it is very rare for a porcelain veneer to break.
- Dental sensitivity, because in some patients there may be cases of sensitivity to contact with cold and heat.
- Depending on the thickness of the veneer, the teeth could not be as white as you expect.
- Veneers can not be repaired. If any of them is damaged, the doctor must replace it with a new one.
Where Can I Find Reliable Dentists For my Dental Treatment?
At EdgeDental you will find some of the best Dentists in the country. With state-of-the-art technology, the professional dentists at EdgeDental offer you the best treatments to give you an amazing smile.
Which Clinic is Best For Cosmetic Dentistry?
EdgeDental is the best clinic for cosmetic dentistry. They have state-of-the-art technology and amazing Dentists to help you with the health and appearance of your teeth.
Is it Possible to Develop a Cavity Under a Filling?
Yes, it is possible. That’s why it’s so important to go to the emergency dentist periodically to get checked. It’s exactly like going to the doctor. If you are not careful enough, if you don’t have the correct hygiene regarding your teeth, if you don’t go periodically to the dentist, then there are several consequences that could happen.
Restorative Dentistry Near Me
At EdgeDental you will find the best Restorative Dentistry Near Me to restore your teeth and gums and prevent further complications. With top-quality professionals and state-of-the-art technology, at EdgeDental you will find the best and fastest solutions for the improvement of your smile. What are you waiting for? Book An Appointment Now!
The goal of restorative dentistry treatments in EdgeDental is to preserve as many natural tissues as possible. But it is not always possible to keep your own teeth and sometimes it is necessary to use a dental implant, a bridge or a denture to get back oral health. Filling empty holes in the mouth can help prevent cavities in the remaining teeth. In addition, losing teeth also puts more stress on the teeth that you maintain because you have less surface to receive the same pressure. For some patients it is enough to have a healthy smile, but for many of them, aesthetics is an extremely important aspect. The growing demand for an aesthetically perfect smile has evolved both in the techniques and materials used in restorative dentistry. There is direct, semi-direct and indirect restorations. In this way, the treatments nowadays combine aesthetic advantages with the recovery of functionality. Crowns are used to restore teeth that have lost much of their structure. The crowns cover the entire surface of the tooth allowing the contour and color of natural teeth to be recovered. At EdgeDental you will find the best Dentists and a state-of-the-art technology to help you with your problem. Restorative Dentistry Near Me? The, EdgeDental is the right place to go.